The process of packing items and moving to the new home brings with it the excitement about living in a new place and getting adjusted into the new culture and trends. You may tend to think about packing, moving and unpacking being enough of the troubles related to moving to the new home.
The matter of fact is that there is so much more that you are going to have to consider. For instance, you will have to make sure that the new home is not causing any type of health hazards. The place may be a new to you but it might have suffered the results of bad decisions made by the previous owners.
In this article, we are going to discuss about the factors that cause toxins and the ways to get rid of those toxins.
A paint coat getting peeled off or chipped is something quite bigger and worse than just a bad sight. If your new home was built sometime prior to 1978, there may be the contamination of lead in the paint. Now, that coating of paint may have got covered by the new paints over the years. The good condition of new paint is not going to be much problematic in this regard. But if the paint is chipped, the inner layer is going to be hazardous for your health.
Lead contamination can cause a number of health issues including:
- Rental impairment
- Damage to cognitive functions in the children
- Damage to reproductive items
While you may find it difficult to know if the paint of your new home has lead, the best way to deal with it is to get a new coat of fresh paint or get all of the previous layers of the paint scrapped before applying the new paint.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, tasteless, odorless and invisible gas which is released in the air whenever fuel is burned. According to a survey, about 400 Americans die each year due to poisonous ingestion of this gas.
The symptoms of CO poisoning may include:
- Upset stomach
- General weakness
- Chest pain
The biggest source of carbon monoxide is the machinery that we have in our homes. The appliances use oils for lubrication and other purposes. When this oil is burned, the dangerous gas is produced. Therefore, the appliances should be serviced every year to protect the environment of the home.
You need to make sure that you are following each measure to keep your home toxin free. First, you need to identify the sources of toxin and then seal or eliminate those sources.